With grateful thanks to Mike Padgham and the St. Cecilia’s Care Group for sponsoring this event
Prizes will be an engraved trophy presented on Scalby Fair Day 2024, together with cash prizes as follows: £50 for first prize, £25 for second prize, £15 for third prize and £25 for best youth entry (under 16 years of age on the date of judging). In addition there will be a prize of £25 for the best Scalby-themed photograph.
You can compete for the Cathcart-Anderson Challenge Trophy and a number of cash prizes.
This year’s theme is “Scalby and Scarborough’s Living World. If it walks, swims, flies or crawls…………”.
Submission deadline is 9.00am on Monday, 20 May 2024.
All winning photographs will be on display in Scalby prior to and until Scalby Fair Day on 22 June 2024, when the trophy and prizes will be awarded.
Competition Rules of Entry:
- You can enter your photograph as an attachment via email to firstname.lastname@example.org in the format of a JPEG between 1-15MB in size. Photographs in landscape orientation only please (photographs submitted in portrait orientation will not be eligible to be awarded prizes but may receive a commendation). Please add the words ‘Scalby Fair Photo Competition’ in the email subject. You should ensure that all photographs are entered along with the first name, surname, age entry category, photograph caption and location, and email address and contact details of the entrant. You may enter a maximum of two photographs (colour or black and white), but only one per email please. Hard copies will not be accepted. No personal identifiers of the photographer should be visible on the submitted photographs.
- The theme for this year’s competition is ‘Scalby and Scarborough’s Living World’.
- This is an open competition for all photographers with no cost for entry, with adult and youth prizes. The competition is not open to members of the Scalby Fair Committee or their families.
- Prizes will be an engraved trophy presented on Scalby Fair Day 2023, together with cash prizes as follows. £50 for first prize, £25 for second prize, £15 for third prize and £25 for best youth entry (under 16 years of age on the date of judging). In addition there will be a prize of £25 for the best Scalby-themed photograph.
- The decision of the judges is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- If you enter the competition your photograph may be published on the Scalby Fair website, and may be used for publicity for the village of Scalby. Winning photographs will be displayed during Scalby Fair week. Scalby Fair may produce a calendar using submitted photographs and by entering the competition you give us permission to use your photo in such a calendar. All surpluses from the sale of such a calendar will be distributed to the nominated charities of Scalby Fair. By entering you assent to the rules of the competition.
- All entries must be received by 9.00am on Monday, 15 May 2023.
- Winners will be notified and their names published on the Scalby Fair website.
- By submitting your photograph for entry into the competition you will retain your copyright and also hereby grant to us royalty free, non-assignable, worldwide, non-exclusive licence to use the picture for all time. Your moral rights will be respected. You will be credited if your submitted photograph is published.
- Scalby Fair may produce a calendar (A4 landscape) for 2024 showing the winning entries and highly commended entries, as the editors see fit. You give us permission to use your photograph in such a way. Any personal details you wish eg your name, email and website/instagram etc address will be published. Publication of the calendar will depend on the number of pre-orders taken so it is not guaranteed. All surpluses from the sale of the calendar will be given to Scalby Fair nominated charities.
- You warrant that any photographs you submit are your own original work and that you own the copyright and any other relevant rights in such images. Entrants confirm that their entry is not defamatory and does not infringe any UK laws. Scalby Fair will not be responsible for any claims or complaints for violation of rights or for damages from any parties related to it. The entrant agrees to indemnify and hold Scalby Fair harmless in such cases.
- Any other commercial opportunities that arise following the publication of the submitted photograph will be notified to the photographer who will be free to negotiate terms independent of the competition. You will be free to decline any commercial use licences, this will not affect your chances of winning.
- All personal data submitted with the photographs will be used in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018 and you are hereby consenting to us processing all personal data for the purpose of this competition.
- Photographers must seek the permission of any people featured in a photograph (or the permission of guardians for photographs of minors) or events/properties (including vehicles) before submitting your entry, to ensure GDPR compliance. By submitting an entry Scalby Fair will assume such permissions are in place.