1. Who is Scalby Fair and what do they do?
Scalby Fair is one of the few remaining Village Fairs in the North of England. It is a week long festival of entertainment and fun culminating in a large village street fair with over 50 stalls, music, dancing, and children specific attractions. Scalby Fair is non-profit making, and is run entirely by volunteers. The aims of Scalby Fair are to foster a community spirit, by encouraging participation in many varied activities and events, and to support local business. The Fair runs all the events during Fair week, and some other events during the year including the Scalby Walk on Easter Monday each year.
2. Who is collecting data?
The data is collected by Scalby Fair committee members only, in person, through email communication, through postal communication, through the Scalby Fair web site, the Scalby Fair Facebook page and through the Scalby Fair Twitter account @scalbyfair.
3. What data is being collected?
Scalby Fair collects contact details for:
- Its committee members
- Past, current and potential stall holders
- Members of the public who want to know more about events run by Scalby Fair
4. What is the legal basis for processing the data?
The legal basis for holding and processing this data is that it is held and processed purely to assist the business in communication with committee members, past, current and potential stall holders and members of the public who have expressed an interest in know more about events run by Scalby Fair.
5. Will data be shared with any third parties?
Data that is in the public domain will be shared with third parties at the discretion of Scalby Fair for example phone numbers, web sites. Other data not in the public domain will only be shared with the express permission of the person or organisation that is the subject of that data
6. How will the information be used?
The information held will be used to:
- Circulate information such as agendas and minutes to Scalby Fair Committee members
- Contact potential stall holders about buying a stall at Scalby Fair
- Record personal details required for Scalby Fair events such as the Scalby Walk
- Contact members of the public to inform them about events arranged by Scalby Fair
7. How long will the data be stored for?
Data will be stored as long as Scalby Fair defines there is a need or a possible need to use the data held.
Where we hold an email address for the data subject that person will be emailed each year informing them that we hold their contact details and making sure that they have
the opportunity of requesting that we delete that data.
8. What rights does the data subject have?
Any subject for whom we hold data can request that data held about them can be deleted at any time giving 14 days notice.
9. How can the data subject raise a complaint?
Customers can raise a complaint by contacting our Secretary through our web site or by writing to Scalby Fair Committee, c/o The Nag’s Head, 35 High St, Scalby, Scarborough, YO13 0PT.
All complaints will be responded to in writing within 15 working days.
Updated 15 March 2019