It was a lovely evening weather-wise and our Scalby Fair Treasure Hunt organisers, Emma and Yvonne, were kept very busy. They had printed 40 question sheets and handed out 39, so were starting to panic when they only had a few left! In the event, 39 teams competed for this prestigious competition.
We also had a small lucky dip, at a pound a go, which was very popular.
All in all a lovely evening.
With thanks to Richard and Mary Grunwell for devising the questions.
|1=||Mars Mallow Squad||28|
|21||The Hot Chocolates||20|
|29||Team Nags Head||7|
Questions and answers:
1. How old was this Hollywood star? Mahlo Hollywood on the bench – 97 (1909-2006)
2. What is the hidden number? 1064 (Hidden on Telegraph pole behind greenery)
3. Taking these rows together, David Jason could ride again? (2 points, one for each).
Curraghmore Terrace(1pt) and Granville Mount (1pt)
4. Where would you find this ark? On the grate / Larksteel grate outside 43
5. Is the racing champion near? Hamilton Close
6. TOWNHOUSES YEA? Anagram STONEWAY HOUSE
7. Keeping it clean since when? 1996 Dog Fouling sign on lampposts
8. Where are Paul, Frank and Tommy hidden? Don’t be stumped!
On the tree near 83 North Street.
9. Not much room to putt? Little Green
10. Peter’s ferocious surname? Peter Savage (on the drain – Beech Court Driveway)
11. There’s Neigh room for 3? Entrance to the stable – 2 doors only
12. Where to phone for a refill? NYCC Highways & Transportation
13. What kind of kerb did Pam build? AQUAKERB
14. You would ‘struggle to the stars’ flying from this house? Adastra sign – Spitfire on it.
15. Light up the way to this pit stop? F1 on the lamppost down alleyway.
16. The sun always shines where? On the wall of the porch at number 22
17. Keeping safe by the coast? Coastal Security Alarm on number 14
18. Which is the odd number, 8, 6, or 4? 8 (four and six are numbers and letters)
19. Right! Look! Where warns you that this make of car is going to get wet? FORD sign
20. Is there a present here for Ron and Hermione’s best friend? H4 on fire hydrant marker
21. Does this keep the squire’s field safe? Squire padlock on the gate to field
22. Where is the musician growing flowers? Musician plant pot shape outside number 93 (Pindarosa)
23. Is Mr Todd feeling empty? Fox Hollow
24. How do you contact Traveline? 0871 200 22 33
25. NORTH to SOUTH: what’s EAST? Stony Lane
26. Does this indicate fowl weather? Bird/Duck shape on top of weathervane
27. What links E.A.S and C.F and H.F? 1873
28. How many owls live at this wood? 2 (or 3) 2 on the wall of Woodville Cottage, 1 in the garden
29. Where is MDCCCXCIV? (1894) Scalby Temperance Hall